A 1970's British Classic
A 1970’s British Classic
With armboard ready to accommodate any 9 inch tonearm with an SME type bedplate fitting, this high quality turntable is in full working order and excellent physical condition. 33 and 45 speeds are accurate and stable, the main bearing fine and freshly lubricated, motor is smooth & quiet and original square profile drive belt is good.
Question: When is an Ariston a Linn LP12..?
Answer: When it’s an Ariston RD11
“Hamish Robertson designed the infamous Ariston RD11 in 1971 with Castle Precision Engineering Ltd machining many of the parts and allegedly having a hand at the design stage.
In 1973 Linn Products was born and marketed their own turntable manufactured by Castle Precision Engineering. The first Linn Sondek LP12 was a carbon copy of the RD11 and many parts are interchangeable.”
Click here for the full Linn/Ariston story.
• Drive -
• Platter -
• Main bearing -
• Main shaft with teflon cushioned main bearing shaft.
• This ultra low friction self lubricating bearing gives the Ariston turntables state of the art performance.
• This new technology gives the Ariston turntables the lowest rumble figures measurable
• Suspension -
• This unique system makes the Ariston turntables the least prone to feedback with minimal stylus bounce due to severe floor vibration
• Speeds: 33.33 and 45rpm
• Wow and flutter: 0.03%
• Rumble: -
• Tonearm: available with either SME, Grace or blank armboard
• Weight: 13kg
• Base: Teak with plexiglass cover and friction hinges
Currently operating on 200 to 240 volts / 50 cycles mains, converting to 100 to 120 volts / 60 cycles is a quite simple operation and is fully explained in the user manual.
Click here for much more information on this excellent deck -
The last picture is from the 1979 Hi-
Payment accepted via PayPal, Bank Transfer, Personal Cheque or cash on collection.
Economical worldwide shipping via UPS or FedEx -
Please contact us either by telephone on 01883 340073
or by sending and email to email@example.com
if you are interested in purchasing this item.
Linn, Quad, Tannoy, Revox, Arcam, Musical Fidelity, SME, Rogers, Spendor, Garrard, Leak, Thorens, KEF, Meridian, Lecson, Mission, Michell, Sudgen, Nakamichi, Radford, Armstrong, Bowers & Wilkins, Celestion, Exposure, Gale, IMF, Beard, Audio Innovations J.R., Etc…etc…