Akai 4000DS Mk2
Akai 4000DS Mk2
Made in Japan during the early to late 70’s, this is 3.75 & 7.5 ips, 4-
Changing speeds is simplicity itself (see pictures 3 & 4).
Physical condition is very good but there is one little dent on the head cover (see pictures 9 & 10). This has no effect on performance.
User switchable mains volts and user switchable 50 or 60 cycles, so this will operate in any country.
• Track system: 4-
• Heads: 1 x record, 1 x playback, 1 x erase
• Motor: 1 x SSM-
• Reel size: up to 7 inch reel
• Tape speeds: 3 3⁄4 7 1⁄2 ips
• Wow and flutter: 0.15% (7 1⁄2 ips)
• Frequency response: 30Hz to 23kHz (7 1⁄2 ips)
• Signal to Noise Ratio: 50dB
• Total harmonic distortion: 1.5%
• Crosstalk: 50dB
• Input: 70mV (line), 7mV (DIN), 0.8mV (mic)
• Output: 1.228V (line), 0.4V (DIN)
• Semiconductors: 11 x transistors, 4 x IC, 4 x diodes
• Dimensions: 406 x 314 x 194mm
• Weight: 11.4kg
Click here for information, specifications and downloadable literature from the excellent hifiengine.com website
This comes with original user manual and original colour sales leaflet, along with one empty spool and one full unused TDK spool.
Payment accepted via PayPal, Bank Transfer, Personal Cheque or cash on collection.
Economical worldwide shipping via UPS or FedEx – Expertly packed, tracked and insured.
Please contact us either by telephone on 01883 340073
or by sending and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
if you are interested in purchasing this item.
Linn, Quad, Tannoy, Revox, Arcam, Musical Fidelity, SME, Rogers, Spendor, Garrard, Leak, Thorens, KEF, Meridian, Lecson, Mission, Michell, Sudgen, Nakamichi, Radford, Armstrong, Bowers & Wilkins, Celestion, Exposure, Gale, IMF, Beard, Audio Innovations J.R., Etc…etc…